Thursday, July 24, 2008

What do you know about Olympic 2008?

Beijing 2008 is coming very soon. People were asking if I would go to Beijing to see the games, and my answer is: Pity, I'm not that lucky. The expenses are far beyond my reach, and I believe Beijing is fully packed with visitors all over the world, so I would rather stay in front of TV and watch the games with ease and peace.

I believe most people have seen the emblem and mascots of this Olympic games since a long time ago. But do you know what they represent? Well, to be honest, I was not very clear about it, what a shame, jajajaja. Yesterday, I visited the offical site of Beijing 2008, then finally I figured out what they stand for. So let's have a look before the games start ;-)
''Dancing Beijing'' is the name of the emblem. It is a symbol of a Chinese seal. The Chinese character of the seal means ''Jing'', which is the latter of the city's name. With inspiration from the traditional Chinese art form - calligraphic art, the character is developed into the form of a dancing human being.
''Red'' is a favorite color of the Chinese people. It is intensively used in the emblem, because tt carries Chinese people's longing for luck and happiness and their explanation of life.

No comments: